Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Going Home...

Texas Independence Day and mom's Birthday - all on May 2nd - what a coincidence! Goin' back to Texas ... Waco more specifically... to rejuvenate and remember what's real.

I was blessed with the love of many animals in Texas - large and small. Horses, cats, dogs, gerbils, etc. Boy I was very, very lucky. My family members are on their own and all have their own broods. The legacy continues. A family that is taught to love animals grows to love animals through a lifetime. We are really just spoiled and can't stay away from that unconditional love!

I will reflect on my recent loss of Astro and think of the future.

Kind words, cards, books, etc. keep coming my way - it is SO amazing. I really don't understand it all. This dog had an amazing power to attract. He was bigger than life that's for sure.

I will read and take pen to notebook and finally write my personal feelings about this loneliness. I heard from an ex friend (that's another story) today and her words were true in the card ... there must be a space in my home that is impossible to fill.

Impossible??? i have two cats ... but right now I am ready to cleanse the front bedroom AGAIN from their pee fest. Why now? Well everyone is aging and something is going on here altogether. There is a dynamic which now is quite different without Astro. We all sleep very heavy but not happy.

I know he is here watching over us all still. I meditated today and tried to hear his voice, his mind, kiss her so very soft ears. I could feel him wanting me to move on. Then a crappy, bad, horrible day at work and you say "move on" ...to what?

More from Texas. Vaya con Dios.

No comments: