Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Life and ....Life!


I have to remember Life is Eternal. Astro IS at Rainbow Bridge.

All around me is death or dis-ease, loss. I work in a hospital, my friend's husband had a coronary and had open heart and is on life support, my other friend is dying at my age of 47 of Picks disease with no cure and others have lost or are losing their loved ones. It's so sad ... but it's LIFE! NOT DEATH!

I think I am getting this now. I believe Astro is almost channeling new information to me about believing in living...amongst the dying or disease or discomfort. How about that. That silly doggie thought he was just a mutt ... he's a Canine Professor now!

Thank goodness I am starting to have memories of him that are making me laugh.

It has been RAINING DOWNPOURING HORRENDOUS here in LA. I remember the time ....

My ex=beau, who Astro was living with after the Northridge Earthquake in 1994, called me in a panic during a horrendous rain. He said Astro got out and the streets near the dam were all flooded. I told him to go out in the car and FIND HIM!

Well later I get the disgruntled call. This from a Greek man who no more wanted a dog in his life since everything he had was destroyed in the earthquake and the last thing he needed was a hyperactive 120 pound nut like my Astro.

Seems that Astro made it across the busiest street in the valley with trees downs, etc. to go towards Woodley Park where I used to run him. The dam is near there so all the streets are closed by the cops with the barriers. My ex goes right thru the barriers out to the park with his car just floating (old Mercedes). He looks in a far field and dontcha know ... there's Astro doing what he did best - running throught the massive fields of water splashing about having the TIME of his life!!! My ex got out, whistled and he said that Astro looked up with a HUGE grin on his face and started lunging through the raging waters towards him. At this time the police are coming to bust my ex...Astro gets to the car, they obviously see why my ex is there and then ... he has to open the back door. Astro is ready to jump in and as he opens the door the ENTIRE back seat of the car fills with water! Astro jumps in like he's in the ocean happy as can be..

The drive home allowed waters to run out all sides and besides...Astro HAD to have the windows open so it could go out there ... while more came in!!!! :-)

My ex was SOOOOO mad at me for living in a one bedroom with 3 cats, not able to take Astro off his hands. But the laugh was on me...I DID end up taking him in the one bedroom. Astro led me to my real estate fortune after that.

But THAT... is another story !!! :-)

No comments: